Hogarth Worldwide is the world’s leading creative content production company. Born to make the best work brilliantly, we combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life for many of the world’s most famous brands.
Founded 13 years ago, Hogarth has grown from a start-up to over 4,500 people, across 30 key cities and is now part of WPP. Obsessively striving for better is in our DNA, it is the reason for our existence and continues to drive us forward in all that we do, making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
What does a Senior Software Engineer in test do at Hogarth?
- Develop automated test suites against a variety of applications (web, smartphone, tablet, Virtual Reality etc.) and across multiple environments
- Validate requirements by reviewing Agile stories and acceptance criteria
- Perform multi-angle exploratory manual testing across applications to ensure high-quality deliverables to meet client standards
- Integrate tests within the scheduled build environment
- Generate reports of automated tests run on each environment as part of the build
- Create and maintain automated regression tests to meet changing requirements and features of customer facing and internal systems
- Create scripted applications to assist with the testing of different applications/multiple platforms
- Report on outcomes of scheduled tests
- Follow context-driven testing principles in designing and implementing test suites
- Evaluate testing needs and possible strategies for the testing of projects at the early stage of the lifecycle
- Diagnose existing and potential defects
- Drive a culture where both internal and external defect reports are adequately tracked and recorded
- Maintain a high standard of quality bug tracking and recording
· Experience of Agile methodology and approaches
· Context-driven testing principles
Experience and knowledge
· 3 years’ experience Manual and Automated Software testing in an Enterprise Environment
· Solid experience with automated test tools (including Cypress, Puppeteer, Protractor, Cucumber)
· Experience testing across various technologies - web applications, Smartphones, tablets, Virtual Reality etc.
· Experience of common manual and test automation practices, tools, and frameworks: BDD etc.
· Competency with NodeJS, Postman, Git, SQL, AWS, Azure DevOps, Jira
· Ability to setup test automation frameworks from scratch
· A can-do pragmatist
· Extremely user focused
· Detail focussed
· Adapts well to change
· Has first class interpersonal skills
· Confidence to stand up for bug advocacy
· High level of commercial acumen
· Able to prioritise and manage own time within a fast-paced environment
· Proven experience with working independently
· Computer Science degree or other qualification in a related discipline.